It’s never very much fun to have an injury, infection, or other condition that causes you pain, embarrassment, or impairs your mobility. But treatment isn’t always fun either, and getting a particular treatment doesn’t make sense if the cure is worse than the disease.
A silly example might be if we told you the only way to guarantee that your bunion will never come back is if we cut your whole foot off. While true, there’s a reason we don’t make that recommendation!
A more serious example would be situations where a reconstructive surgery could fix a deformity, but the patient has a medical condition that puts them at elevated risk of developing serious post-surgical infections. At some point, the risk of a severe complication outweighs whatever benefit could be gained by a successful procedure.
Swift makes wart treatment fast, easy, and comfortable.
At long last, the ideal cure for warts is clearly and unambiguously better than the disease! Now that Swift microwave therapy is available, the decision to get your plantar warts treated has been officially upgraded from “tough call” to “absolute no-brainer.”
The treatment couldn’t be simpler, and it only takes a few minutes. We just lightly debride the wart (which is painless), then apply a few seconds of microwave therapy (which is painless for some, and nominally uncomfortable for others; the discomfort literally only lasts for a second and then goes away.)
With Swift, we’re treating the wart by activating the immune system from the inside out, which helps to clear out the wart and the virus that caused it. You can learn all about the procedure and how it works on our Swift service page, but the short summary of benefits is impressive stuff:
- Minimal (if any) pain during the procedure, lasting only a few seconds. (Basically a fast, slightly hot sensation that hurts no worse than an injection.)
- Absolutely NO post-procedural pain or discomfort.
- No bleeding, breaking of the skin, or need to bandage anything.
- Basically no negative consequences of any kind. Truly. There’s nothing special you need to do (or need to avoid doing) after you leave the office that wouldn’t have already been the case.
- Significantly reduced risk of warts coming back after treatment, because you’re treating the infection and not just the symptoms.
We really weren’t kidding when we said “no brainer.” Pretty much all it takes is the commute to our office and ten minutes of your time. It really is the best treatment for warts available, and we’ve got it right here at Lakes Foot and Ankle Associates.
Ready to schedule? Give us a call at (248) 360-3888, or complete the contact form below to get started.